⭐ There are 5 basic antibiotic mechanisms of action against bacteria: ⠀
1) Inhibition of cell wall synthesis⠀
2) Alteration of cell membranes⠀
3) Inhibition of protein synthesis ⠀
4) Inhibition of nucleic acid (DNA/RNA) synthesis ⠀
5) Inhibition of folic acid synthesis ⠀
‼️ Due to increasing resistance to these antibiotics and their mechanisms, developing new antimicrobials and understanding their mechanisms of action are important. ⠀
If you’re looking to learn more, check out our Youtube video for a full review!